The Board Immersion Program of the Valentine offers the opportunity for young professionals to observe and participate in board activities in a non-voting capacity to gain active experience and knowledge of nonprofit board duties and expectations.
This is an introduction to nonprofit board service, therefore, applicants should be 35 years of age or under with limited to no prior board experience.
Expectations for Board Immersion Trustees include, but are not limited to
- Completing board training activities
- Attending and actively participating in bimonthly board meetings
- Contributing to membership/annual giving as generously as possible
- Participating on at least one standing committee
- Engaging in special projects at the Valentine, such as strategic planning efforts
- Regularly attending the exhibitions, public programs and special events of the Valentine
- Committing to a two-year term
Benefits of the Experience
Board Immersion participants will be able to
- “Try out” board service before making a commitment
- Receive mentorship and advice from experienced board leaders
- Discuss their experiences among a group of peers
- Develop a plan to make your next board experience more impactful and meaningful, based on what you will learn from the experience
Applications for the 2021-2023 class are currently being accepted, with a deadline of September 3, 2021.
- Complete the online application HERE
Contact Haley McLaren at 804-649-0711 ext. 325 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you for your interest!