The Board Immersion Program of the Valentine offers the opportunity for young professionals to observe and participate in board activities of the Valentine in a non-voting capacity to gain active experience and knowledge of nonprofit board duties and expectations.
This is an introduction to nonprofit board service, therefore, applicants should be 35 years of age or under with limited to no prior board experience.
Expectations for Board Immersion Trustees include, but are not limited to
- Completing board training activities
- Attending and actively participating in bimonthly board meetings
- Contributing to membership/annual giving as generously as possible
- Participating on at least one standing committee
- Regularly attending the exhibitions, public programs and special events of the Valentine
- Committing to a one-year term
Please note that we will be delaying recruitment efforts for our next class until Fall 2021.
Contact Haley McLaren at 804-649-0711 ext. 325 or email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for your interest!