Facilities/Maintenance – Operations Assistant (Part-Time)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Posting Expires: Until position is filled
Part-Time Position Title: Facilities/Maintenance – Operations Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours per Week: 20 – 25 hours per week
General Responsibilities: The Operations Assistant offers support for the museum’s Director of Operations. Responsibilities include routine small repairs, housekeeping, grounds keeping, and maintenance projects. Supervising/escorting vendors/ contractors and assisting with meeting daily operational requirements of the museum. The operations department supports the efforts and programs of other product-driven teams within the organization.
Reporting Supervisor: Director of Operations
Positions Supervised: None
- Assist with routine housekeeping and special cleaning projects within facility. » Assist Director of Operations in performance of small repairs.
- Assist museum staff in maintaining a safe and secure environment for museum personnel, visitors, and collections.
- Assist grounds keeping contractor and garden volunteers with supplemental grounds keeping.
- Aid Director of Operations in relationship with parking and food service contractors.
- Meet, escort and supervise contractors requiring access to secure areas.
- Assist museum staff with exhibition installation and gallery preparations. » Prepare site for, or recover site from, special events and museum programs
- Enthusiastically embraces the museum’s core values (attached).
- Other Duties as ass
- Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend and twist.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Summary of Qualifications:
- High School Graduate. Some college preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Familiarity with basic hand tools and safety practices
- Ability to complete minor electrical, plumbing, painting, and similar maintenance tasks.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good communications » Ability to work within a team structure to achieve goals and obje
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
 DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
 FLSA stands for the Fair Labor Standards Act, which was enacted by Congress in 1938 and is under Federal Wage and Hour statutes. The Fair Labor Standards Act uses the terms exempt and nonexempt to describe work that is included (nonexempt) or not included (exempt) in the Act’s overtime and record-keeping provisions. The Act requires that overtime (payment for hours worked in excess of 40 hours in one week) be paid to employees performing nonexempt work.View PDF