Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Posting Expires: Open Ended Position
General Responsibilities: The Parking Attendant parks cars in the Valentine lot and provides customer service during private facility rental events and History Center programs that fall outside of the Valentine’s regular operating hours.
Positions Supervised: None
- Valet park cars for guests and attendees arriving at The Valentine lot.
- Direct guests and attendees to overflow parking (when applicable) or to alternative parking options in the area.
- Represent the Valentine to parking customers and others encountered while posted in the parking lot booth.
- Coordinate special instructions with Special Events Associates or other Valentine staff working during an event or program.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These demands are as follows:
- Must be able to withstand working for long periods of time outside in varying elements of seasonal and inclement weather.
- Must be able to walk either inside or outside for long periods of time.
- Must be able to freely lift up to 30 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Motor Vehicle Reports: The Valentine reserves the right to request motor vehicle reports (MVRs) on any employment applicants as well as current employees with driving responsibilities. MVRs will also be obtained annually for all Company staff with driving responsibilities.
Driving Test: The Valentine reserves the right to conduct a driving test of any prospective or employed driver at any time.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Possess valid Virginia driver’s license
- Ability to drive vehicles with manual transmission
- Pass standard 5-panel drug screen
- Must have good customer relations and people skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Must have dependable transportation to get to and from work.