Student Programs Clerk [Internal Applicants Only]
Reports to: Director of Public Programs
Job Posting Expires: Until the position is filled
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General responsibilities of Student Programs Clerk
The Student Programs Clerk is a temporary position with the responsibility of coordinating student programs and tour groups during the Student Programs and Tours Manager’s leave of absence. Responsibilities include customer service, facilitating program reservations and payments, planning and prepping for student programming onsite and offsite, communicating with Valentine Educator’s about scheduling, coordinating daily student programs and tracking attendance and program data.
Position Supervisor(s): Director of Public Programs and Student Programs & Tours Manager
- Answer questions and reservation requests related to student programs (phone calls, email, online request submissions) and responding to them in a timely manner
- Schedule programs and tours in TAM and in the department excel spreadsheet, and emails confirmations
- Confirm program details and fees with groups one week prior to visit
- Collect payment for programs in TAM
- Confirm programs and work schedule one day prior with Valentine Educators
- Create program rotation and acts as program coordinator during onsite programs. Assists Valentine Educators with program set up and breakdown, greets buses and helps classes get into the museum safely
- Track and coordinate use of programming kits and inventory
- Prep programming supplies needed for upcoming weeks, and preps in advance for Fall programming needs.
- Review recent program payments and follows up with outstanding invoices
- Inventory kits, checks supplies, repair/ replace supplies as needed
- Track program attendance in TAM and on excel spreadsheet
- Track new programs scheduled and progress for DoPP and SPTM
- Request Educators availability at the beginning of each month
- Assist with creating the Valentine Educator schedule
- Review each month’s programs, confirm attendance and payments and close out TAM
Perform other related duties as required.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: College Degree
SCHEDULE: Temporary position July 2019 – October 2019.
29 hours per week, morning availability required, primarily Monday – Friday, occasional weekend hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Student Programs Clerk must be physically able to stand and walk, be able to climb stairs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Student Programs Clerk may be occasionally asked to lift and carry objects such as boxes, binder or files weighing up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus.
 DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
 FLSA stands for the Fair Labor Standards Act, which was enacted by Congress in 1938 and is under Federal Wage and Hour statutes. An exempt employee is not paid for overtime hours worked. There are three categories under which an employee may be considered exempt. They are administrative, executive, and professional. These categories generally define an exempt employee as one who customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of his/her duties.View PDF