Step back in time and explore a battle that divided Richmond social circles and families. Between 1909 and 1920, both pro-suffrage and anti-suffrage activists struggled tenaciously to persuade the public and the legislature of their views women’s right vote. On this downtown walking tour, Richmond’s most experienced tour guides will show you the iconic sites that were key to the fight, while exploring the diverse figures and perspectives that influenced the Richmond suffrage movement.
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: Approximately 75 minutes
Parking: On Street
Meeting place: Meet in front of St Paul’s Church, 815 East Grace Street
- Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note, guests are encouraged to wear a mask during tours, events and outreach programs.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us. If we can do anything to accommodate your needs, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
The Valentine’s walking tours are supported in part through a generous partnership with Richmond Region Tourism.