Dogs and their owners will enjoy this walking tour of Byrd Park presented in partnership with the Richmond SPCA. Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed. Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
Join us as we walk from the reservoir to the James River, discovering the history of this unique Richmond neighborhood. We’ll discuss the history of the beloved public park, examine architectural gems in the Carillon neighborhood, visit the historic pump house, and explore the canals and the Washington Arch.
Price: $15 Adult, $5 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: 2 hours
Parking: On Street
Meeting place: Meet at the Columbus Monument in Byrd Park, south end of the Boulevard
- Reservations required.
- Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed.
- Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us for tours. If you have accessibility challenges or need accommodation, please let us know in advance.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.