Dogs are invited to join their owners for this walking tour of Hollywood Cemetery, presented in partnership with the Richmond SPCA. Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed. Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs. Reservations required.
Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Richmond’s beautiful and iconic Hollywood Cemetery, the scenic final resting place for some of Virginia’s most well-known historical figures. Learn about the cemetery’s history, artwork and famous residents, including two U.S. Presidents, writer Ellen Glasgow, the Confederate President and numerous other celebrated individuals.
Please note that this tour is 1.5 to 2 miles and involves several inclines. Comfortable shoes and water are recommended.
Price: $15 Adult, $5 Valentine members, Children under 18 are FREE
Length: 2 hours
Parking: On Street
Meeting place: Meet at the Hollywood Cemetery entrance at Cherry and Albemarle streets, near the rear of the stone structure to the left.
- Reservations required.
- Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed.
- Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us for tours. If you have accessibility challenges or need accommodation, please let us know in advance.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.