Please note that this tour is now sold out. We hope you’ll join us for our next History Hounds tour on May 26th!
Dogs are invited to join their owners for this walking tour along the James River Floodwall, Tyler Potterfield Bridge and Canal Walk, presented in partnership with the Richmond SPCA. Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed. Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
The mighty James River runs through the heart of Richmond. From the pre-colonial times of the Powhatan Indians to George Washington’s dream of a canal system that reached the Mississippi to today’s urban playground, the river has shaped the lives of generations of Richmonders. Join us to explore the river, its industries, its sorrows and its stories as we walk the Floodwall through downtown. Reservations required.
“What a wonderful way to learn so much about the city, its history and architecture!” –June 2016
Price: $15 Adult, $5 Valentine members, Children under 18 are FREE
Length: 2 hours
Parking: On Street
Meeting place: 101 Hull Street. Parking Lot next to Floodwall Park
• Reservations required.
• Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed.
• Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
• Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
• Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us for tours. If you have accessibility challenges or need accommodation, please let us know in advance.
• Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.