Dogs are invited to join their owners for this walking tour of the Museum District, presented in partnership with the Richmond SPCA.
Home to some of the city’s most beloved cultural hubs, Richmond’s Museum District is a neighborhood with 22 sites on the National Register of Historic Places, multiple museums, a growing collection of murals and varied monuments. Join Richmond’s most experienced guides for a walking tour exploring how public art, public spaces and public museums have told the story of our city for over 150 years.
Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed. Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
“The neighborhood tours offered by The Valentine Museum are a wonderful way to gain understanding of the many Richmond neighborhoods.” – May 2016
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: 2 hours
Parking: On Street
Meeting Place: Tours begin at the Robinson House Richmond Visitors Center 200 North Boulevard
• Reservations required.
• Dogs must have current shots, mix well with others and remain leashed.
• Owners are responsible for water and cleaning up after their dogs.
• Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
• Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us for tours. If you have accessibility challenges or need accommodation, please let us know in advance.
• Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.