Join us for a monumental experience! Richmond’s most seasoned tour guides will lead you through the infamous sites that sparked a national discussion. Discover Monument Avenue through Augmented reality glasses to both investigate its Lost Cause origins and to discuss its effects on Richmonders. After viewing and listening to archival sources, guests will dialogue about why Monument Avenue was created, who built it, and how it has changed physically and culturally during this 2-hour walking tour adapted from ARtGlass.
This tour is recommended for ages 12 and up.
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: Approximately 2 hours
Parking: On Street
Meeting place: Tour will begin in front of the VMFA near the main entrance and will end at the Lee Circle.
- Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Guides and tour participants are required to wear a facemask for the full duration of the tour.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us. If we can do anything to accommodate your needs, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
The Valentine’s walking tours are supported in part through a generous partnership with Richmond Region Tourism.