Join the most experienced guides in RVA as we explore Richmond origin stories in the Valentine museum’s Court End neighborhood. One of the oldest Richmond neighborhoods, Court End grew into an affluent area in close proximity to the newly established Virginia State Capitol during the early 19th century. On this downtown walking tour, you’ll discover stories of early Richmonders and surviving architectural gems nestled among the ever evolving center of the City of Richmond.
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: Approximately 75 minutes
Meeting place: Tours begin at the Valentine, 1015 East Clay Street
Parking: Valentine’s lot, accessible from 10th Street between E. Marshall and E. Clay
- Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note, guests are encouraged to wear a mask during tours, events and outreach programs.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us. If we can do anything to accommodate your needs, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
The Valentine’s walking tours are supported in part through a generous partnership with Richmond Region Tourism.