Join us for the first of two free events that delve into the voices and values represented in Richmond’s public artworks.
On Thursday, November 11, The Valentine will host a virtual panel discussion highlighting the community’s artistic responses to the social justice protests and monument removals of 2020. This event is open to the public and attendees are encouraged to share their perspectives about how Richmond’s public art and monuments represent our community.
- Sesha Moon of the JXN Project and coordinator of Illuminating Legacies
- Hannah Ayers and Lance Warren producers of “How The Monuments Came Down”
- Light-based installation artists Alex Criqui and Dustin Klein of Reimagining the Monument
- Free Egunfemi Bangura, founder of Untold RVA and co-organizer of the George Floyd Memorial Hologram Project
- Sam Schwartzkopf, Communications and Policy Analyst with the city of Richmond
- Nigel Richardson, Executive Assistant at the Afrikana Independent Film Festival
The virtual event is free and open to the public; however registration is required. To register, click “Purchase Tickets” above.