Under the supervision of the Director of Finance, the volunteer/intern will be responsible for assisting with the processing of financial transactions for the Finance Department of the Valentine by performing the following duties:
- Verifies, allocates, and post the details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Reconciles and balance accounts as assigned.
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: College with the completion of some financial related courses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Professional demeanor
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word programs
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
Schedule: Flexible schedule
Physical Requirements: The Accounting Clerk Volunteer/Intern must be physically able to stand and walk, be able to climb stairs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Accounting Clerk Volunteer/Intern may be occasionally asked to lift and carry objects such as boxes, binder or files weighing up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to focus.
Contact: Donna Kolba, Director of Finance/HR, at (804) 649-0711 x 316 or email@example.com