An artist’s rendition of the new “This is Richmond, Virginia” gallery at the Valentine
The Valentine is currently campaigning to fund an $8.6 million renovation of all public spaces. The new plan will transform the muesum into an inviting, visitor-friendly space for exhibitions, education programs, and community events.
$4,100,000 Renovation of Public Spaces
- New comprehensive exhibit on the history of Richmond
- New changing exhibit space to explore community issues
- Dedicated galleries for the Costume and Textile Collection
- Renovated restrooms
- Updated special event space
- New gift shop and lobby area
- Updated education center
$4,500,000 Endowment and Operating Funds
- Fully fund the Nathalie L. Klaus Costume and Textile Curator, a position that will oversee the use of over 40,000 textile items at the Valentine, the largest textile collection in the Southern United States. (Completed in February 2013)
- $1,000,000 for new programs and exhibitions within the rotating galleries. (Completed in April 2013)
- $500,000 for operations.
- Fully endow a new position to curate the rotating community galleries.
- Additional general endowment.