We Love Groups!
The Valentine can design a guided tour based on your group’s special interests. Choose from a variety of established tours, or create a custom Richmond region experience. Provide your own transportation, or we can assist with options. Let us arrange lunch for you, or assist you in making arrangements.
Complete your tour with a visit to the Valentine, which includes guided tours of the 1812 John Wickham House and self-guided tours of the Edward V. Valentine Sculpture Studio and exhibition galleries that explore 400 years of Richmond history.
Below is a sampling of our existing walking tour offerings. More are available. Each tour below is two hours in duration.
- Hollywood Cemetery
- Monument Avenue
- Canal Boats and Cobblestones
- Capitol Square
- Jackson Ward
- Church Hill
- Shockoe Bottom
- Oregon Hill
- Richmond Liberty Trail
From a general city overview to a specialized tour of Civil War sites, these sightseeing expeditions provide an in-depth exploration of fascinating historical themes.
- I Know Richmond: The Bus Tour
- African American Heritage
- Historic Cemeteries Tour
- Civil War Sampler
- Various Richmond neighborhoods
Think outside the box! Tell us what you’d like to see and our staff can custom design a tour expirience for your group. Additional fees will apply. Call for details.
The Valentine offers step-on guide service. Our master guides are well-trained, friendly and knowledgeable. For more information, contact email@example.com at 804-649-0711, ext. 319.
Reservations and Pricing
To make reservations, call 804-649-0711, ext 319.
- 30 days notice for group tours is preferred and a $25 per guide deposit is required two weeks before the tour date. Arrangements for invoicing are made in advance.
- Cancellation of a tour must be made by telephone call at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour date.
- For all non-custom Group Tours the following pricing structure will be in effect: $150 for the first two hours, $75 each additional hour per tour guide. Tier pricing can be arranged for small groups. For tours of sites with admission, there will be an additional fee per person. Transportation can be arranged for an additional fee.