The Valentine seeks a highly motivated social media intern to assist with a variety of projects ranging from basic social-media maintenance to assistance crafting a formal social media policy. Candidates should have a basic familiarity with Richmond history and be able to commit 12-15 hours per week.
Over the duration of the semester, the internship will require working with many departments of the museum including development, collections management, exhibits, education, visitor’s services and communication. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend Museum events.
Duties may include the following:
- Work with staff to develop priorities for social media strategy and investigate new social media platforms/initiatives
- Shoot and edit short videos for the website, Instagram, Vine and YouTube
- Create reports on website analytics
- Coordinate organization’s social media activities on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, Tumblr, Vine, Foursquare and other platforms
- Write and edit blog entries and post them to the website
- Assist with special events and other administrative tasks
Qualifications include experience shooting video and basic film editing; excellent written and verbal communications skills, must know Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office; be comfortable with social media and learning new programs and have an interest in creative business/marketing.