Pulling it back together.
We are now at the midpoint of our renovation.
- The new entrances to the restrooms
- The new air handling unit in the Education Center
- Making your mark on history at last year’s Richmond History Markers Celebration
- The old exhibition label being covered up again by new framework
- Walls are going up in our expanded and accessible restrooms.
- There are hints of the Education Center with its large storage area for supplies.
- Large spaces have been carved out for the new mechanical systems that are being installed throughout the building.
- The old plywood ceilings (yes, the ceilings throughout the building have always been plywood!) have been removed and are being replaced with fresh sheetrock for a finished appearance.
Remember all of the generations of messages (graffiti and old exhibition labels) that were found behind the old walls? These reminders of the building’s past are joining your messages from last year’s Richmond History Makers Celebration.
It is hard to believe that we are now at the midpoint of our renovation. Our series of opening events are scheduled for the week of October 20.
While the last six months have been about pulling it apart, it’s now time to bring it back together.
Are you curious about our progress? Join us for a Hard Hat Happy Hour happening every Wednesday from 4:30-6:00 p.m. You can contact me for more information or RSVP online and let me know you’ll be coming by.
If you would like to help keep us calm and hammering on, you can support the History Center on our secure donation page at /give.
Bill Martin, Director