Imagine a center in Richmond that serves as a forum for community ideas and discussions, the seat of the city’s history, and an engine that helps to drive Richmond’s future and its growth. The Valentine has a new vision to play such roles, as an active convener of civic conversations that will have a forceful impact on Richmond communities, as a leader among regional and national urban history museums and organizations, and as the principal steward of Richmond’s history.
With the support of dedicated donors, the Valentine’s Clay Street Campus will become the gathering place for:
- telling our stories and our histories
- researching and building our communities
- identifying and framing the major issues that will impact Richmond’s future
- sharing ideas about contemporary community subjects and
- offering authentic experiences based on a rich collection of historical objects and documents