Valentine Learning Trunks
For students learning together in hybrid or in-person settings, the Valentine is pleased to offer Valentine Learning Trunks. Learning Trunks are a comprehensive museum in a box experience loaned and delivered directly to your classroom. Each trunk comes with reproduction artifacts and primary sources, activities and suggested lesson plans for integrating this hand-on experience into your curriculum. Additionally, teachers are provided with supplemental digital content, including videos, activities and background information help you utilize the materials and connect with Virginia SOLs.
Trunks are delivered to schools by Valentine staff and can remain onsite for up to two weeks. Following your loan period, the Learning Trunk is picked up by a Valentine staff member, before being sanitized, tidied up and sent out to a new school.
Available Learning Trunk Themes:
- Ancients in the Classroom (3rd grade)
- Design in Time: Hats and Clothing from the past (Grades pre-K – 2)
- Powhatan People (pre-K, 2nd, 4th and 6th)
- Richmond Changes: Exploring Past and Present in Richmond (Grades K-6)
- Richmond Spies (4th – 6th)
- Symbols in the City (k – 4th grade)
Learning trunks can also be combined with a virtual museum visit!
Curious what’s in a Learning Trunk? Check out a sneak peek of our Powhatan People trunk below!
Program Type: school program
Grade(s): 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, k, prek