Resources for Teachers
The Valentine provides program specific pre-visit materials to teachers who have booked a program with us, as well as the selection of one Free Resource CD or DVD per grade level. All items are in PDF format.
Each pre-visit packet below includes: program information, goals for understanding, SOLs supported by the program, pre-visit activities, vocabulary, linking activities, tips for a great visit, tips for a great outreach, bus driving/parking directions, and driving/parking directions for parents and chaperones.
- African Americans in Antebellum Richmond
- African Americans in Antebellum Richmond – Outreach
- Children in the House
- Children in the House – Outreach
- Civil War Spies
- Civil War Spies – Outreach
- Colonial Community
- Colonial Community – Outreach
- Era Explorations
- Era Explorations – Outreach
- The Fall Line City History
- The Fall Line City History – Outreach
- Greek by Design
- Greek by Design – Outreach
- Hands On Richmond History
- Hands On Richmond History – Outreach
- Powhatan Indians
- Powhatan Indians – Outreach
- Waterways – Outreach
- Whose Hat is That?
- Whose Hat is That? – Outreach