The Valentine’s Hours
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed on Mondays except major Monday holidays.
- 1812 Wickham House Tours are given throughout the day from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday.
- The Valentine Store, offering a wide array of books, toys and other items from Richmond artists and vendors, is open daily from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Archives and Collection Research are by appointment only. For hours, fees and available services please visit our research page.
- The Valentine First Freedom Center, located on the corner of South 14th & Cary Streets, Richmond, VA 23219, is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
- Garnett’s at the Valentine (Café) serves lunch Monday – Friday 11:00 – 4:00.
Monday Holidays the Museum is Open to the Public
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Holidays the Museum is Closed to the Public
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
One-day admission to the Valentine exhibition galleries, the Edward V. Valentine Sculpture Studio, and the 1812 Wickham House:
- Adults: $10
- Senior (55+): $8
- Student with ID: $8
- Military: FREE
- Children (<18): FREE
- Valentine Members: FREE
You also may be interested in visiting the Virginia State Capitol, which is open daily, is free to the public and is located two blocks from the Valentine.