The Valentine’s Hours
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed on Mondays except major Monday holidays.
- 1812 Wickham House Tours are given throughout the day from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday.
- The Valentine Store, offering a wide array of books, toys and other items from Richmond artists and vendors, is open daily from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Archives and Collection Research are by appointment only. For hours, fees and available services please visit our research page.
- The Valentine First Freedom Center, located on the corner of South 14th & Cary Streets, Richmond, VA 23219, is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
- Garnett’s at the Valentine (Café) serves lunch Monday – Friday 11:00 – 4:00.
Monday Holidays the Museum is Open to the Public
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Holidays the Museum is Closed to the Public
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
One-day admission to the Valentine exhibition galleries, the Edward V. Valentine Sculpture Studio, and the 1812 Wickham House:
- Adults: $10
- Senior (55+): $8
- Student with ID: $8
- Military: FREE
- Children (<18): FREE
- Valentine Members: FREE
Additionally, you can purchase museum tickets online here. Tickets can be redeemed up to 1 year from the date of purchase.
You also may be interested in visiting the Virginia State Capitol, which is open daily, is free to the public and is located two blocks from the Valentine.