On a spectacular bluff overlooking the James River, Hollywood Cemetery has been the final resting place of some of Virginia’s most prominent citizens since 1847.
Join the most experienced guides in Richmond as we explore the graves of rebels and rockers, politicians and Pulitzer prize winners; and, of course, two U.S. Presidents: James Monroe and John Tyler. Also, learn about the 18,000 Civil War dead buried in Hollywood and the cemetery’s complicated legacy as a shrine to the Confederacy.
Please note that this tour is 1.5 to 2 miles and involves several inclines. Comfortable shoes and water are recommended.
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: Approximately 75 minutes
Meeting place: Enter at Cherry and Albemarle streets, meet at the rear of the stone cottage to the left
Parking: On street
- Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Guides and tour participants are required to wear a facemask for the full duration of the tour.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us. If we can do anything to accommodate your needs, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
Tours are made possible through a generous partnership with Hollywood Cemetery.