The Valentine is located in the historic Court End neighborhood in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Anchored by the 1812 Wickham House, the museum offers self-guided exhibition galleries, the Edward V. Valentine Sculpture Studio, a research library, a museum store and cafe (Monday – Friday only; indoor and outdoor seating). Additionally, the Valentine First Freedom Center is located at the corner of South 14th & Cary Streets, featuring a permanent exhibition and store.
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed on Mondays except major Monday holidays.
- 1812 Wickham House tours are given throughout the day from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday.
- The Valentine Store, offering a wide array of books, toys and other items from Richmond artists and vendors, is open daily from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Archives and Collection Research are by appointment only. For hours, fees and available services please visit our research page.
- The Valentine First Freedom Center, located on the corner of South 14th & Cary Streets, Richmond, VA 23219, is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
- The Carriage House Cafe serves lunch Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday Holidays the Museum is Open to the Public
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Holidays the Museum is Closed to the Public
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
One-day admission to the Valentine exhibition galleries, the Edward V. Valentine Sculpture Studio, and the 1812 Wickham House:
- Adults: $10
- Senior (55+): $8
- Student with ID: $8
- Military: FREE
- Children (<18): FREE
- Valentine Members: FREE
You also may be interested in visiting the Virginia State Capitol, which is open daily, is free to the public and is located two blocks from the Valentine.
The Valentine & the 1812 John Wickham House are proud to be Distinctive Destinations of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. We welcome all National Trust members to receive a discount of $2 off full-price admission and 10% off gift shop purchases when visiting our site. Visit www.PreservationNation.org/DistinctiveDestinations for more information.