American Revolutionary Patrick Henry once shouted the legendary words, “Give me liberty or give me death!” in this iconic Richmond district. Join the most experienced guides in Richmond to explore the evolving history of one of Richmond’s oldest neighborhoods, from historic St. John’s Church and beautiful examples of Queen Anne architecture, to modern renovation efforts, scenic parks and a thriving restaurant scene.
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: Approximately 75 minutes
Parking: On street
Meeting place: Meet at Patrick Henry Park, on the corner of East Broad and 24th streets
- Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note, guests are encouraged to wear a mask during tours, events and outreach programs.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us. If we can do anything to accommodate your needs, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
The Valentine’s walking tours are supported in part through a generous partnership with Richmond Region Tourism.