On this downtown walking tour, you’ll visit the Valentine museum’s Court End neighborhood, uncovering surprising examples of architecture and Richmond history along the way. Join the most experienced guides in Richmond to discover architectural gems and stories of the city’s early beginnings as the Capitol of Virginia. The historic Court End neighborhood grew as a prestigious area in the early 19th century due to its proximity to Thomas Jefferson’s new Virginia State Capitol building.
Price: $20 Adult, $10 Valentine members, Children under 18 are free
Length: Approximately 75 minutes
Parking: Parking is available in the Valentine’s lot
Meeting place: Meet at the Valentine Museum, 1015 East Clay Street
- Advanced tickets are required. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Guides and tour participants are required to wear a facemask for the full duration of the tour.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us. If we can do anything to accommodate your needs, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
The Valentine’s walking tours are supported in part through a generous partnership with Richmond Region Tourism.