Save the date: Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Every day our community is improved and inspired by individuals, organizations and corporations that have made a lasting impact on the Richmond region. The Valentine and the Community Foundation for a greater Richmond are excited to partner for the 17th annual Richmond History Makers & Community Update to recognize these trailblazers.
Six honorees have been selected from the pool of nominees and will be recognized at the annual Richmond History Makers Celebration on March 8, 2022.
Stay tuned for the announcement of honorees in late January 2022.
Honorees will be recognized in one of six categories:
- Creating Quality Educational Opportunities. Nominee will have enhanced educational opportunities for children or adults, improved academic achievement or ensured a safe, constructive learning environment with high-quality programming.
- Demonstrating Innovative Economic Solutions. From housing security and home repair to job creation and workforce preparation, the nominee will have demonstrated an innovative vision in building a more diverse economy and a more stable housing and job market by creating opportunities for wealth-building through housing, expanding the talent pipeline or improving the economic vitality of the Region.
- Improving Regional Transportation. Nominee will have endeavored to work collaboratively to develop solutions that improve the efficiency of and access to transportation across jurisdictions.
- Championing Social Justice. Nominee will have shown a commitment to building social justice, ensuring equal access and promoting increased opportunity for all.
- Promoting Community Health. Nominee will have worked to address pressing community health issues, from trauma-informed services or primary care to food security, all in an eff ort to increase access and equity across racial and income barriers.
- Advancing Our Quality of Life. Nominee will have demonstrated a commitment to increasing access to cultural assets, improving environmental experiences or increasing opportunities for civic engagement – making the Richmond region a better place to live, work and play in the process.
Past Richmond History Makers Honorees
Click here for a complete list of past Richmond History Makers honorees
The public is invited to the Richmond History Makers celebration on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. Tickets and more information will be available in January 2022.
Corporations and organizations that support the Richmond History Makers program include (as of October 8):
For more information about Richmond History Makers & Community Update, contact email@example.com or (804) 649-0711 x 322.