For 2018, the Valentine’s Richmond History Makers program and the Capital Region Collaborative’s (CRC) Annual Community Update are taking place under the same roof, providing Richmonders with the unique opportunity to honor their hometown heroes while learning more about the progress we have made as a region.
We are proud to celebrate our 2018 honorees at Virginia Union University’s Claude G. Perkins Living and Learning Center on March 13, 2018, 4-6:30 pm. Tickets and sponsorships can be purchased here.
This year, the Valentine’s nominating categories are aligned with the CRC’s regional priorities, allowing us to better recognize the region-wide impact of these hometown visionaries and get a good look at the faces behind the data. Here are the 2018 Richmond History Makers honorees:
- Creating Quality Educational Opportunities. Aligns with CRC Regional Priority Education:
- Demonstrating Innovative Solutions. Aligns with CRC Regional Priorities Workforce Preparation, Job Creation, Transportation:
- Encouraging Regional Collaboration. Aligns with any of the eight CRC Regional Priorities:
- Championing Social Justice. Aligns with CRC Regional Priority Social Stability:
- Promoting Stronger Communities. Aligns with CRC Regional Priority Healthy Communities:
- NEW CATEGORY FOR 2018 – Advancing Our Quality of Life. Aligns with CRC Priorities Quality Place, James River, Transportation: