Every day our community is improved and inspired by individuals, organizations and corporations that have made a lasting impact on the Richmond region. The Valentine and the Community Foundation for a greater Richmond are excited to partner for the 17th annual Richmond History Makers & Community Update to recognize these trailblazers.
We encourage our neighbors, friends, and the community to nominate an outstanding person or group that mentors best practices, leads successful initiatives and contributes positively to the Richmond region through innovative methods. Six honorees will be selected from the pool of nominees and recognized at the annual Richmond History Makers Celebration on March 8, 2022.
Let us know who is changing the future and creating new histories in the Richmond region!
Who to Nominate
Honorees may be individuals, organizations or corporations and are selected in one of six categories:
- Creating Quality Educational Opportunities. Nominee will have enhanced educational opportunities for children or adults, improved academic achievement or ensured a safe, constructive learning environment with high-quality programming.
- Demonstrating Innovative Economic Solutions. From housing security and home repair to job creation and workforce preparation, the nominee will have demonstrated an innovative vision in building a more diverse economy and a more stable housing and job market by creating opportunities for wealth-building through housing, expanding the talent pipeline or improving the economic vitality of the Region.
- Improving Regional Transportation. Nominee will have endeavored to work collaboratively to develop solutions that improve the efficiency of and access to transportation across jurisdictions.
- Championing Social Justice. Nominee will have shown a commitment to building social justice, ensuring equal access and promoting increased opportunity for all.
- Promoting Community Health. Nominee will have worked to address pressing community health issues, from trauma-informed services or primary care to food security, all in an eff ort to increase access and equity across racial and income barriers.
- Advancing Our Quality of Life. Nominee will have demonstrated a commitment to increasing access to cultural assets, improving environmental experiences or increasing opportunities for civic engagement – making the Richmond region a better place to live, work and play in the process.
A complete list of qualifications for nominees can be found on the nomination form.
How to Nominate
Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 5, and may be submitted:
- By completing an online form
- By faxing a completed PDF to (804) 643-3510
- By mailing a completed PDF to Attn: Richmond History Makers Nomination, c/o The Valentine, 1015 E. Clay Street, Richmond, VA 23219-15272015
Past Richmond History Makers Honorees
Click here for a complete list of past Richmond History Makers honorees
The public is invited to the Richmond History Maker’s celebration on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. Tickets and more information will be available in January 2022.
Corporations and organizations that support the Richmond History Makers program include (as of October 8):
For more information about Richmond History Makers & Community Update, contact email@example.com or (804) 649-0711 x 322.