The Valentine is currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- General Collection Volunteer: The Valentine Collections department is seeking a volunteer to assist in a file rehousing project. This is a basic level role and very much needed! Tasks include moving files, printing labels and relabeling and organizing folders.
- 1812 Wickham House docents
- Special events
When can volunteers work?
General hours for volunteers vary and generally are available Monday – Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., with some weekends and evenings as needed.
What are the benefits of volunteering at the Valentine?
Benefits include: free parking, 10% discounts in the Valentine Store and at the Valentine Garden Cafe, invitations to special events and educational programs and free access to the Valentine Archives.
Volunteering also includes special memberships incentives:
- 25 Hours: Individual Membership
- 100 Hours: Family Membership
- 200 Hours: Special Recognition
How do I apply for a volunteer position?
Send a completed Volunteer Application Form (pdf) to the Visitor Services & Volunteer Programs Manager. Applications are accepted at any time.
For more information, contact our Visitor Services & Volunteer Programs Manager MckenZie Walker at 804.649.0711 ext. 351 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.