Let Your Story Begin With Us!
Choose between indoor and outdoor areas, start and end times, a range of pricing, and caterers from our preferred list. We offer spaces appropriate for both ceremony and reception. We also are a wonderful location for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers and engagement parties.
Our capacity for receptions is 150; for a seated dinner, it is 75. Rental fees vary based on event requirements.
- The beautiful Valentine campus is conveniently located in downtown Richmond.
- The historic 1812 John Wickham House provides a photogenic backdrop for your special day.
- Dance under the stars. Our garden includes suitable space for dancing.
- The Valentine's Wedding Coordinator serves as the principal point of contact with you and the vendors.
- You are not required to use pre-specified time slots.
- Ceremony contracts include time for rehearsal (subject to some restrictions).
- Changing room available.
- Tours of the 1812 John Wickham House may be added for your guests.
- Valentine Garden – This picturesque private green space is nestled in the center of an urban environment and centers on a fountain courtyard behind the historic 1812 John Wickham House. 15,000 square feet
- Auditorium/Reception Room – This large multi-purpose room has hardwood floors and contemporary lighting. 1,750 square feet
- Gray Family Terrace - An elegant, brick and blue stone outdoor space located on the south side of the museum building. The terrace can be tented and features vintage neon signs from Richmond businesses.
Scheduling Your Event
- All reservations must be complete a minimum of 30 days in advance of your event.
- Contact us to check the availability of your desired date, discuss your specific needs, fees, and any optional services. Email us, fill out our info request form or call our wedding coordinator, (804) 649-0711 x349.
- Contact one of our preferred caterers to receive information on estimated food/beverage costs. Develop a menu and cost proposal customized to your event.
- Decide upon the necessary start/end times of your event. We can then send to you a contract that secures the date and times of your event. Your reservation will be held for two weeks.
- Before two weeks have passed, sign your contract and return it with your non-refundable deposit. A deposit of 50% of the rental fee is required. If your contract and deposit are not returned after two weeks, your requested date will be released.
- Your remaining balance is due one month before your event date.